- We acknowledge that the Lord Jesus Christ is the head of Cornerstone Community Church. We are a non-denominational, non-charismatic congregation. We are drawn together by our common faith in Jesus Christ and what His teaching reveals. Jesus Christ alone is perfect, yet we desire to reflect Him as the Holy Spirit empowers us (Eph. 1:22-23; 2:18-22).
- We are a free and self-governing body subject to Christ alone. We choose to submit to the ordinances of man to the extent they do not violate scriptural instruction. We believe the assembly should be led by those with the gift of leadership. It is our desire to function mutually and humbly under the leadership of consecrated men of God who will pursue Christ’s purpose (Romans 13:1-7; 1 Peter 2:13-14; Romans 12:7-8; Acts 6:2-5; 1 Timothy 3:1-15; Titus 1:6-9).
- Without apology, we believe the instruction of 1 Corinthians 6:9-20 applies to the life of believers today. There is new life in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17). In the Spirit of Christ, Christians should oppose racism, every form of greed, selfishness and vice, and all forms of sexual immorality including adultery, homosexuality, and pornography.
- We work to ensure that Cornerstone Community Church will be doctrinally pure and culturally relevant. Our goal is to model excellence in every aspect of our ministry (1 Corinthians 9:19-23; Colossians 3:17, 23-24).
- God gives gifts to every believer for use in service to the church. We desire to help each member discover their place in God’s mosaic, and abound in it (Romans 12:4-8; John 13:12-17; Ephesians 4:11-16; 1 Corinthians 12; 2 Corinthians 8:7).
- God’s grace will produce gracious people. We endeavor to maintain honest, open, loving and non-judgmental relationships with others. In all things we will promote Christ and growth in Him (Ephesians 4:25-32; 1 Corinthians 13; John 13:34-35; 17:20-23; 1 John 4:7-8, 19-21).
- God’s people desire more than being a face in the crowd. We believe teaching and life-change occur best in small group settings. We encourage every believer to be involved in such a ministry group, where discipleship, accountability and lasting friendships are fostered (Galatians 6:1-2).
We exist to build up three areas in every life:
- Christ in me – a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Me, in Christ’s Body – a personal ministry within the Cornerstone Church family.
- Christ’s Body in the world – our united church outreach to others near and far.
A seven-fold approach to the mission.
- A stubborn pursuit of the mission goal, as opposed to a more convenient or comfortable path we could travel.
- A genuine openness to innovation and change that pushes us to achieve the mission.
- The resolve to say “No” to even good ideas that do not fit into our mission.
- A premium on small groups for discipleship.
- An emphasis on a personal ministry for each member.
- A commitment to evangelism in worship.
- An intentional depth in missions endeavors.